I am here for you, your housetutors coordinator!
SB II · 2nd floor
Mon - Fri: 10:00 - 12:00 o'clock
Mon, Wedn: 13:30 - 15:30 o'clock
+49 6131 39 24982
House Tutors are living in our nine dormitories in Mainz. They are welcoming the international students in their dormitories, help them with moving in and are there as a contact person to answer questions. Anybody who is living in one of our dormitories can become a house tutor.
Do you want to work as voluntary house tutor in our team?
Just send an e-mail to Viola Baltes from our service international housing: email@example.com
Who can be a house tutor?
House tutor can be everybody who is living in one of our dormitories.
What you should bring to be a house Tutor:
- Enjoy working in a Team
- Interest in a varied and interesting Job
- Reliability, readiness to help others, independence and an interest in different cultures
- Good German and English Knowledge
Who are house tutors?
House tutors are voluntary dedicated students who are living in our dormitories in Mainz.
House tutors are welcoming the international students in their dormitories and help them with moving in. In addition, they are you contact person if you have questions before you arrival.
Responsilibities of a house tutor
- Informing of the international students about the dormitory and the surroundings
- Move-in of the international students with hand-over of keys (also on week-end, as well as in the evening and at nights)
- Writing E-Mails & answering information about the move in
- Presence in the dormitories in March & April and September & October
How much time do I have to invest?
In general, it would be nice if you would be in the dormitory in March/April and September/October. Should you be prevented, however, by an internship, a stay aboard or a vacation, we find a solution with your house tutor´s team of your dormitory. For further information or more questions, we can arrange a personal conversation.
Why should I be a voluntary house tutor?
Through your voluntary work as a house tutor, you can quickly meet national and international students in the dormitory. In addition, you can strengthen your intercultural competence, practice your foreign languages by talking with different international students and strengthen your team ability by working independent in your house tutor team. Be a part of our team and help shaping your dormitory Lifestyle.
What we offer for you: Thank-you events for house tutors
- Certification & extension of your rental agreement with regular active work
- Possibility for further education with DSW (Deutsches Studentenwerk) for example nationwide tutor meetings, intercultural training, conflict management, ...
- 2-3 Team-Events every semester (for example: canoeing, climbing, cooking courses, live escaping game, ice skating, amusement parks, laser tag, bowling...)
- House tutor meetings 1x in every semester with a thank-you meal
What do I have to do to be a house tutor?
House tutor can be any student (German or international) in our dormitories who wants to have international contact and offer lived integration. Just send a short e-mail to Julia Hecker () our coordinator for the house tutors or come to Studirendenwerk Mainz.