Goodbye! Arrivederci! Tschüss! Adeus! Au revoir! ¡Adiós!
Are you going back home soon? Here, you will find everything you need to know.
- Arrange an appointment with the caretaker for a pre-check of your room
- Pre-Check: The caretaker will come to your room to check its condition to figure out how much of your security deposit you will get back. He will leave a sheet of paper where he will write down everything you need to do.
- Cleaning up (as the caretaker told you)
- Moving out, final check of your room and handover of the keys
Moving out before the contract expires
You want to move out before the official end of your contract? There are 2 possibilities:
- You want to pay the rent up to the official ending of your contract and take the security deposit in cash back with you? Then, we would kindly ask you to give us your bank account details. You can download the form here.
- You want to sublet your room and get the rent paid by another person while you are not there? You will find information on this procedure on this site.
You will also need to do the following things before you go back:
- Deregister from the "Bürgeramt"
- Deregister from the University