Service International Office

Studierendenwerk Mainz

Entrance C

Office Hours:

Mon - Fri: 09:30 - 12:30 o'clock

Mon, Wedn, Thurs: 13:30 - 15:30 o'clock

[Translate to Englisch:] Ansprechpartner

[Translate to Englisch:]

Abteilung Internationales

Studierendenwerk Mainz,     Eingang C


Mo - Fr: 09:30 - 12:30 Uhr

Mo, Mi, Do: 13:30 - 15:30 Uhr

Johannes Gutenberg-Universität

We, as the Studierendenwerk Mainz, would like to welcome you to the Johannes Gutenberg-Universität.

On the following pages you will get all information regarding topics such as cars on the campus, cafeterias and things you need to know about your classes.

Plan of campus

Cars on Campus

Under normal circumstances, it is not allowed to drive cars onto the campus from 7am to 7pm. If you live on campus though and you have a car, you can get an entry permission, so you can drive on campus during the day.

You can purchase that entry permisson for 25,00 Euro/6 months.

You can apply to get your entry permission at the Studierendenwerk. First, you will need to fill in the application form (download on left side) and then see Mrs. Brinkmann(entrance C, room 145) to get a confirmation. You also need to bring the following things:

  • Confirmation of renting an apartment on the campus
  • Studicard with 25,00 €
  • Car documents
  • Driving licence
  • Mobile phone number, so we can contact you in case of questions

When we are done with your application, you will have to take the form to our staff department (Studierendenwerk, 1st floor in the tower). They will continue with the process of the entry permission.

More information

If you want to extend your entry permission in the following term, all you will need to do is bring the confirmation of renting an apartment and the 25,00 € on your StudiCard.

If your data should change (e.g. car owner, new car, license tag) please let the staff department (Studierendenwerk, 1st floor in the tower) know.

Download: Application Car Entry Permission (Students)

Application Entry Permission (Students)



International Office

There are around 4.500 international students from over 130 countries enrolled at JGU. The percentage of foreign students from all students enrolled is around 12%.

Contact:Department Internationals
Johannes Gutenberg-Universität
Forum universitatis 1 & 2
Telefon:+49 6131/ 39 22122


How many ECTS-Points do I get for each exam? Who can help?

Contact:Birigt Weiß
Department Internationals
Forum universitatis 1
Telefon:+49 6131/ 39 22122

Language course for international students


The language course for international students is hosted by the Fremdsprachenzentrum (foreign language center) of the Johannes Gutenberg University. To participate, you will have to take an assessment test which is held during the InfoDays.

Phine:+49 6131/ 39 22648

If you can't participate at InfoDays, there will be a second test. You'll find the current date on the website of the FSZ.

AStA of the JGU

AStA (Allgemeiner Studierenden Ausschuss) is the ellected representation of JGU students.

It is their task to represent the interests of the students to the University management and the society. It basically works like a staff or workers council would in a company.

The work of the AStA is very versatile. They do everything from information on the semester ticket, cultural events, partys to financial support and legal support.

You can come by the Studentenhaus and we will inform and consult you. 

Their different tasks are assigned to special departments. For further Information on what the AStA is doing please don't hesitiate to visit their Website.


If you have questions regarding your classes or which ones you should take, you can contact the counsellor of your faculty. You can find a list right here.

Students bodies for each faculty

You need to know what classes you should take? You need help with your schedule? The student body for your faculty consists of students who are studying the same thing and know the professors. They know what  you need to pay attention to. There is a student body for each subject.

Please follow the link to the latest Information on the different student bodies.